Quarter Mile Classifieds, LLC dba QuarterMileClassifieds.com and its affiliates (collectively, “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate a website, provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “site(s),” “service(s),” or “our sites and services.”
Data Controller and Contracting Parties
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is Bobby Bennett registered in the State of South Carolina, United States of America with a registered address at
409 Claremont Circle
Spartanburg, SC 29302
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to:
Quarter Mile Classifieds, LLC dba QuarterMileClassifieds.com
Attn: Legal Department, 409 Claremont Circle, Spartanburg, SC 29302
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our site and services, depending on the site or service, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information where needed to use our sites and services, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday, user account name, and password;
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers;
- Payment Information where needed to process payments and generally includes your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number;
- Personal Profile or Service Information, which may include areas of interest, information from social media interactions (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+), preferences, physical characteristics (such as height, weight), photographs and, biographical, health information and/or demographic information (such as gender);
- Transaction Information, which may include information about how you interact with and use our sites and services, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with merchants, business partners, and service providers;
- Geographic Location Informationbut only if your device transmits location data and/or your IP address and you have activated a location-enabled site or service;
- Job-Search-Related Informationwhere needed for recruitment purposes and may include educational and employment background, driver’s license number, and social security number;
- Survey Datawhere needed for the functionality of certain services and generally includes survey questions and responses, and may allow you to import email addresses and names in order to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf;
- Access to Your Data, but only if you use certain services, interactive tools, or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services;
- Your Submissions, which generally includes information you voluntarily provide through free form text boxes, forums, document upload, or data retrieval or import.
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.
1. Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
We or our third-party service providers may collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
1. Use of Site. In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
3. Do Not Track. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party advertising companies online by visiting the following third-party websites: Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, PrivacyChoice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance
We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Accordingly, your navigation on our sites and services may be tracked as part of our efforts to gather user information described above. If you arrive at our sites and services by way of a link from a third-party site that does respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals, such “Do Not Track” browser signal recognition will end as soon as you reach our sites and services.
3. Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services;
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure;
- our third party service providers’ legitimate interests as described in “Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies” above;
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our sites and services; and
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
4. How We Use Personal Information
4.1 Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your purchase of, or subscription to, our services or any other contract entered into between you and us;
- to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies;
- to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments;
- to verify the information you provide through our sites and services, including income and employment information, in connection with a loan request sent through our sites and services;
- to retain your loan request for the length of time determined by us or by applicable law;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience;
- to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to meet contractual obligations;
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins;
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- to manage our sites’ and services’ administration, forum management, or fulfillment;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications;
- to allow you to apply for a job or sign-up for special offers from third parties through our sites and services;
- to help you contact or schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider or a legal professional listed in one of our directories and to remind you of upcoming or follow-up appointments;
- to perform services in conjunction with interactive tools, such as integrating practice management systems, making a referral, sending a prescription to a pharmacy, or sending a test to a clinical laboratory; and
- to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
4.2 Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites;
- to understand and analyze trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behavior;
- to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- to customize ads, content, or offers on our sites and services; and
- to conduct market research and measurement in order to improve our sites, content, and services and to make our sites, content, and services more useful for users.
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, such services include maintenance, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, marketing, email and text message distribution, customer service, and surveys and sweepstakes;
- when you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through our sites and services, request a quote or information, request financing, purchase a product or service, or otherwise submit a request through our sites and services, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the products or services you requested, or complete a transaction, including a third party broker, aggregator, or other referral service to share and/or sell your information to a lender, dealer, or other financial institution in connection with your online request.
- when you schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider or legal professional, we may share your contact data, insurance data, and medical data with such healthcare provider or legal professional; and
- where necessary to operate our sites and services, your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally.
We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Non-personal information may be shared with our partners who referred you to our site(s) and who may use the data for their market research and measurement purpose. User information may also be shared with our partners who help us deliver ads to you on websites not controlled by us; for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that pixel to optimize the traffic that they send to us.
6. User Generated Content, Online Communities and Forums, Profiles, Surveys, Reviews and Ratings
7. Accessing and Updating Personal Information
We encourage you to keep your personal information up-to-date and accurate. The methods for accessing, viewing, correcting, and deleting your personal information will depend on which sites or services you use and their features. You have several choices; for instance:
- to view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the web page on our site where you originally submitted the data and follow the instructions on that web page;
- to correct or update your account information, you can log into the site or service where you are registered and navigate to your account;
- to close your account, you can log into the site or service where you are registered and navigate to your account;
- to change your email preferences, you can visit the email preferences page for the relevant site or follow the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions included in each email (for more information about email preferences, please see “Email and Other Communications” below); or
- to access, change, or remove your protected health information, please see the “HIPAA” section below.
You can also manage certain aspects of information collection and use, including disabling geo-location, by going to the settings of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application.
If you have questions about your options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Protecting your privacy and security is important and we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data.
8. Storing Personal Information
9. Email and Other Communications
Our sites and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through our in-product instant messaging services, service-branded emails, SMS, and other electronic communication channels.
- Text Messaging. We may make available text messaging services in which you can receive messages from us and send messages to us on your mobile phone, which will be governed by our Text Messaging Services Policy, if text messaging services become available.
- Opting Out of Requested Communications. Requested communications include, for instance, email newsletters and software updates that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- selecting the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or following the opt-out instructions included in each email communication;
- returning to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and following the opt-out instructions; or
- emailing email@example.com
- Opting Out of Transactional or Relationship Communications. Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being from that user. Communications that are sent by us are indicated as being from us or one of our account or support specialists. Either type of communication may be “real time” communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates, such as appointment reminders. Email communications received from users and our administrative announcements are often transactional or relationship messages, such as appointment requests, reminders, and cancellations. You may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain email messages, although our services may provide a means to modify the frequency of receiving them.
- Opting Out of General or Promotional Communications. General communications provide information about products, services, and/or support and may include special offers, new product information, or invitations to participate in market research. You may opt-out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
- selecting the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or following the opt-out instructions included in each email communication; or
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Protecting Personal and Protected Health Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect, we deploy a wide range of technical, physical, and administrative safeguards, including: Transport Layer Security (TLS), firewalls, system alerts, and other information system security technologies; housing health data in secure facilities that restrict physical and network access; and regular evaluation and enhancement of our information technology systems, facilities, and information collection, storage, and processing practices. We use reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, technical, and data security procedures and controls to safeguard your personal and protected health information against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse, and alteration. Under applicable law, we are required to apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Protected Health Information (“PHI”), as such term is defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (collectively referred to herein as HIPAA), residing on and processed by our sites and services.
We use third-party service providers to manage credit card and payment processing. These service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card and payment processing on our behalf. When you enter payment information to be processed by our third party service providers, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS) technology and do not store it on our systems.
It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our services. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems. When disclosing any personal or protected health information, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Accordingly, you should carefully consider if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that your use of the Internet and our sites and services is solely at your risk. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all your personal information, including your protected health information. Except as provided in a Business Associate Agreement between us and a healthcare provider, we have no responsibility or liability to anyone for the security of your personal or protected health information transmitted via the Internet.
11. Linked Websites and Services
We may also provide social media features on our sites and services that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s) and to interact with our sites and services. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media site(s) with which you interact.
12. Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use our sites and services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third-party websites or online services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will take steps to promptly delete such information.
Our sites and services generally require users to be at least 18 years of age. Unless our sites and services contain the “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” supplemental terms, our sites and services do not collect age from users under 18. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, our services may allow users above the age of 18 (such as healthcare providers, parents, and guardians) to submit personal information of minors. Such users assume full responsibility over their submission, use, and transmission of such information.
13. International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Our sites and services are intended for users in the United States and hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and in other countries. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to, and stored in the United States and in any other countries from where our cloud service providers operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your information for processing and storage to the United States and any other country from where our cloud service providers operate.
14. Privacy Rights
This section is provided to comply with the requirements of certain applicable U.S. data privacy laws and regulations. This section applies solely to our users who are residents of U.S. states, commonwealths or territories with Applicable Data Privacy Laws.
- Information We Collect. Within the last twelve (12) months, we have or may have collected the following categories of information from our users and/or consumers:
- identifiers, such as a name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers;
- personal information listed under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) or other comparable state statutes;
- characteristics of protected classifications under Texas or federal law;
- commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- biometric information;
- internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement;
- geolocation data;
- professional or employment-related information;
- inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this section to create a profile about users reflecting user preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. Profiles are not used in furtherance of “decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects”; and
- Sensitive Personal Information, as described below in Section.
- Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive personal information may include (1) personal information that reveals (A) a social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; (B) account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; (C) precise geolocation; (D) racial or ethnic origin, immigration status, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership; (E) the contents of mail, email, and text messages except where we are the intended recipient of the communication; (F) genetic data; (2) the processing of biometric or genetic information for the purpose of uniquely identifying a consumer; (3) personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health or diagnosis; (4) personal information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation; and (5) personal information collected from a known child.
We may collect and store certain categories of sensitive personal information (e.g., account log-in, precise geolocation) in order to provide the services to you, for short-term, transient use based on your interactions with our sites, and otherwise with your consent.
On some sites, we may store certain health information that you provide to us. Such information is only used to provide such services to you.
- Categories of Sources from Which Information is Collected. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- directly from users, such as you, as described above under “Personal Information that You Provide to Us”;
- indirectly from other users of our sites and services;
- indirectly from third parties that interact with us in connection with the services that we perform; and
- directly and indirectly through cookies and other technologies, as described above under “Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies.”
- Using and Sharing of Personal Information
- The personal information described in the categories above may be used for the business purposes listed above under “How We Use Personal Information.”
- We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties: (a) service providers and (b) third parties to whom you authorize or direct us to disclose your personal information in connection with our sites and services. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the personal information described in the categories above for the business purposes listed above under “Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information.” We also may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
- Personal Information “Sold” or “Shared” with Third Parties
- We may share information that we have about you, such as a cookie ID or IP address, with third-party marketing partners who may use this information, on our behalf, to help us deliver advertising on our sites as well as on third-party websites.
We do not sell or share the personal information of consumers that we know are minors under 16 years of age without affirmative authorization as required under Applicable Data Privacy Laws.
We do not “sell” or “share” your sensitive personal information.
- Retention of Personal Information. We may retain your personal information as necessary to provide services to you and to carry out the purposes described in this policy. Additionally, we may retain personal information collected from you if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or for another business purpose.
- Your Access and Deletion Rights under Applicable Data Privacy Laws. Under Applicable Data Privacy Laws, you have the right to request the following:
- You may request, up to two (2) times each year, that we disclose to you certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months or beyond the 12-month period on or after January 1, 2023. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the: (i) categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) categories of sources from which your personal information is collected; (iii) business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; (iv) categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose; (v) categories of personal information that we sold or shared about you; (vi) categories of third-parties with whom we have disclosed your personal information; and (vii) business or commercial purpose for selling or sharing your personal information.
- Subject to certain exceptions and up to two (2) times each year, you may request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you. Once we receive and verify your consumer request for deletion, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) such personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Exercising Your Access and Deletion Rights under Applicable Data Privacy Laws. To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, or appeal the denial of a decision with regard to a previous request, please submit a request to us by either:
- sending an email to email@example.com; or
You will be asked to provide certain identifying information, such as your name, email, and residency. You will also be asked to validate your request by clicking a validation link in an email that will be sent to the email address you provided. While processing your request, we may ask you to provide further verifying documentation, such as proof of residency and identity. We will only use personal information provided in a request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Your request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or that you have authority to make the request; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Only you or a person registered with the Texas Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you are making a request through an authorized agent acting on your behalf, such authorized agent must provide proof of written authorization to do so, and you must verify your identity directly with us, unless such authorized agent provides proof of a power of attorney pursuant to an applicable state Probate Code section.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- prevent, detect and investigate security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- comply with a legal obligation.
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Correct Your Inaccurate Personal Information. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of processing your personal information. Once we receive and verify your consumer request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct (and direct our service providers to correct) your inaccurate personal information from our records, unless it is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
- Opting-out of the Sales or Sharing of your Personal Information. Subject to certain exclusions under Applicable Data Privacy Laws, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” or “share” of your personal information. Once we receive your request, we will not sell or share your personal information, unless an exclusion applies.
To opt-out of the sale of your personal information that we collected directly from you or other third-parties, please submit a request to us by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may deny your request to opt-out if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that the request is fraudulent. We may request that you authorize the sale or sharing of your personal information after 12 months following your opt-out.
The Applicable Data Privacy Laws exclude certain transfers of your personal information from what constitutes a sale or sharing thereof:
- As directed by you:
When you direct us to intentionally disclose your personal information or use the Services to intentionally interact with us or a third party (provided that third party does not sell or share your personal information, unless that disclosure would be consistent with the Applicable Data Privacy Laws).
- Opt-out signal:
We may share an identifier for you if you have opted out of the sale or sharing of your personal information for the purposes of alerting third parties of your election.
- Service provider:
We may share your personal information with a service provider that is necessary to perform a business purpose as described above if both of the following conditions are met:
- We provide notice of your opt-out right as described herein
- The service provider does not further collect, sell, share or use the personal information of the consumer except as necessary to perform the business purpose.
- Exercising your opt-out right. You may exercise your opt-out right by visiting our website and selecting your preferences within the cookie banner at the bottom of the page, as well as by clicking the “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” or “Manage Preferences” link in the footer. You may also exercise your opt-out right by enabling an opt-out preference signal as part of your security or privacy settings (where available) in your device or internet browser. Our website will automatically read such signals and comply with your preferences.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under Applicable Data Privacy Laws. Accordingly, and unless permitted by the Applicable Data Privacy Laws, we will not:
- deny you goods or services;
- charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or by imposing penalties;
- provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may charge a different price or rate or provide a different level of service if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your personal information.
15. Contacting Us